BOROUGH, BRIDGE & BERMONDSEY: We just can’t get enough of these areas of SE London right now. There is a veritable plethora of incredible eats, destination dines, cool cafes and bars to choose from when entertaining. Will you choose chilled fine fairy-tale food at Restaurant Story, lunch up on level 32 or stand up Spanish tapas at Jose?
Here is a quick pick of some of our top hot spots to check out.
1. JOSE – BERMONDSEY STREET: Jose Pizarro’s authentic informal Spanish tapas bar.
2. STREET COFFEE – BERMONDSEY STREET: For some quality beans and arty eclectic local interiors. Most cool.
3. THE GARRISON- BERMONDSEY STREET: Comfortable, contemporary pub for all occasions. Open from breakfast to dinner.
5. 214 BERMONDSEY – BERMONDSEY STREET: We haven’t been but have heard good things about this new bar under Antico. Do let us know if you go and what you think about their homemade tonic….
6. BOROUGH MARKET – SOUTHWARK STREET: Perfect for a Saturday market shop while eating your way around the stalls and cafes.
7. ZUCCA – BERMONDSEY STREET: Light, modern Italian with minimal design.
8. OBLIX AT THE SHARD – LEVEL 32, ST THOMAS STREET: The first of 3 restaurants due to open in the Shard. Not like the other London Rainer Becker sites (Zuma, Roka) think more sky-high NYC Grill.
For up to date info and inspiration for entertaining in the city, follow us on twitter@deliciouslondon
We also create bespoke edible itineraries, if you need a little assistance planning your eats and entertaining. Click here for more info.