National Chocolate Week! It’s true, there is such a (glorious) thing….
The Lick London team has researched what shops, restaurants and bars will be celebrating all things coco related during National Chocolate Week 12th -18th October. Here are some of their favourite London haunts who are participating in this endorphin releasing, happy inducing goodness (and a recipe from some rather hedonistic brownies from the Head Chef at York & Albany).
Excite all your senses with Union Street Café’s Five Senses Chocolate Platter offering a selection of bitter, salted, sour, sweet and umami tasters. York & Albany will be serving up a rich, gooey Chocolate Sharing Brownie, which is definitely too good to share! For a really innovative treat, head over to Maze in Mayfair for the ultimate Chocolate Truffle, an exciting mix of chocolate and truffles (of the mushroom variety); a unique savoury and sweet dessert not to be missed!
Newly opened at one of the City’s most iconic skyscrapers, Le Restaurant de PAUL at Tower 42 will offer diners bottomless Mousse au Chocolat a Volonte (£6.50) throughout Chocolate Week. The ultimate after-dinner indulgence, enjoy as many luxurious servings of this rich pud as you like, whether sealing deals over dessert or stopping by with colleagues or friends and catching up over a bottle of Champagne.
Calling all chocoholics!!! Combine a quintessentially English occasion with an all-consuming cocoa addiction. Family-owned luxury boutique hotel Flemings Mayfair offers a contemporary twist to tradition with its Chic Chocoholic Afternoon tea (£43 per person) including chocolate scones, luxurious petit fours, freshly-made sandwiches, a glass of Jacquart Rose Champagne and your choice of speciality loose leaf teas. Served daily in the newly-renovated, opulently appointed Drawing Room from 12:30pm to 5pm, booking with 24 hours notice is essential.
Get fully involved at The Chocolate Show: Over 15,000 will be flocking to West London to enjoy indulgent chocolate treats, live celebrity demonstrations, get hands-on in workshops and discover bean to bar chocolate at the UK’s largest celebration of our favourite sweet treat.
This Chocolate Week Bikeworks will be hosting another rendition of their famous brownie bake-off! Customers can pick up a free bar of chocolate from their Bethnal Green store and then return to Bikeworks with a delicious batch of brownies for judging. The winner will receive a free Divine Chocolate hamper.
Brownie Recipe from Head Chef, Will Stanyer from York & Albany
105g Cocoa Powder
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bain-marie
- Whisk the eggs and sugar to a ‘Sabayon’ using an electric whisk
- Switch to a paddle attachment and incorporate the dry ingredients
- Add chocolate, and incorporate into the mix
- Transfer to baking tray, lined with parchment paper and back at 180°C, full fan for 30 minutes, or until the brownie is cooked in the center but still slight gooey
- Allow to cool to room temperature before slicing
- Garnish with some chocolate or caramel sauce and a scoop of your favourite ice cream
- Serve slightly warm for the best flavour and texture
- Experiment with folding nuts or other ingredients through the mix, raisins also work great!
- Try using different types of chocolate – see which one you prefer!
If you love to experience new and exciting ways to devour the city, contact the Lick London team and ask for an Edible Entertainer… x